Tuesday, June 5, 2012

REVIEW: Me, Myself and I by Natasha Duncan-Drake

Me, Myself and I (Dark Reflections, #1) Me, Myself and I by Natasha Duncan-Drake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

CAUTION: Spoilers

What an awesome premise! Once I discovered the novelette was free, I immediately downloaded and read it. Around 15,500 words, Me, Myself and I was almost everything I hoped for.

Told in 1st PoV from Tristan's side, the novelette began with Tristan attending a party celebrating the completion of his third superhero movie when suddenly a champagne cork hits him in the head, knocking him out. Tristan quickly wakes up and finds himself strapped down and in the world of his superhero movie. Is he Tristan the actor having a dream or is he Devon the supervillain waking up from a breakdown?
Whatever the answer: it's frighteningly crazy.
—(from the blurb)
And awesome!

The only thing I didn't like about the short story was the single sex scene near the ending because its kink didn't appeal to me. Turns out Tristan was in a parallel dimension where later he got kidnapped and fucked by the real Devon. Talk about getting literally screwed by your evil twin.

In spite of its length, I liked the ending. I didn't mind how the story left its ending open for interpretation to whether Tristan's experience was real or a dream. In my mind, there is no doubt to what the answer was.

I rate Me, Myself and I 3-stars for I liked it. I greatly look forward to the sequel.

Amazon GoodReads

Post a Comment

You can also comment on the Goodreads version of my review. Click on the rating located in the beginning of my review to get to the webpage.