Saturday, August 20, 2011

REVIEW: Bar Back by J.J. Massa

Bar BackBar Back by J.J. Massa
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

CAUTION: Spoilers

Bar Back is a short story of a bartender (possibly the bar's owner) wooing his fellow worker. The story is told from the bartender's perspective in 1st POV.

The story was weird in not naming the characters. Obviously, the story propose itself as erotica...but even erotica should have their characters named. So in my mind I set the bartender as Person A and his co-worker as Person B.

The reason I did not like Bar Back was because Person B was committing infidelity with Person A. I didn't hold bad feeling against Person A because he just wanted sex. I do hold it against Person B for not breaking up with his boyfriend because both preferred to be the bottom. Instead, Person B decide to satisfy his sexual predilection through infidelity. And infidelity to me is not sexy. Thus the sex scene of Person A topping Person B failed to excite me.

Moreover, I didn't get why Person B looked afraid of Person B after the sex. Whatever Person A got, i.e. understood, I did not.

Bar Back held no appeals to me. Despite the no naming thing, the writing seem solid.

GoodReads

Post a Comment

You can also comment on the Goodreads version of my review. Click on the rating located in the beginning of my review to get to the webpage.